MARTA Mobility Breeze Card
- MARTA Mobility Breeze Cards must be obtained from the MARTA Reduced Fare Office after customers receive confirmation of their eligibility.
- Instructions on how to obtain a MARTA Mobility Breeze Card are included in the letter of Eligibility.
- Customers must present a valid MARTA Mobility Breeze Card or Identification (I.D.) card with a picture each time they board a Mobility Bus.
- MARTA Mobility Breeze Cards are not transferable. A card will be unconditionally confiscated if it is found in the possession of an unauthorized third party.
Two hands exchanging a MARTA Mobility Breeze Card with a large slash indicating an unauthorized exchange
Other MARTA Mobility Breeze Card Uses:
- The MARTA Mobility Breeze Card will allow Mobility customers to use MARTA fixed bus and rail at no charge.
- The MARTA Mobility Breeze Card is accepted on any Paratransit service across the country. However, customers should contact the local transit authority to confirm scheduling rules and regulations.
Replacing a Lost Mobility Breeze Card:
Replacement cards may be obtained by visiting one (1) of the MARTA Reduced Fare Offices:
MARTA Headquarters The Five Points Rail Station
Reduced Fare Office OR (Forsyth Street Side)
2424 Piedmont Rd, NE 30 Alabama St., SW
Atlanta, GA 30324 Atlanta, GA 30303
- Customers are encouraged to call the MARTA Reduced Fare office at (404) 848-5112 to report a card lost or stolen.
- A $2.00 replacement fee will be charged for the first replacement MARTA Mobility Breeze Card.
- A $5.00 replacement fee will be charged for all subsequent replacement cards.
- After the third replacement card, customers may be subject to a thirty (30) day waiting period before obtaining an additional replacement card.
- During this thirty (30) day waiting period, customers will still be eligible to ride MARTA Mobility; however, they will be required to show photo identification and pay with cash for each trip.
Breeze Card Affidavit:
Upon receipt of the Breeze Card, Customers will be asked to sign a written affidavit which acknowledges the following points regarding the use of the Mobility Breeze Card:
1. NOT TRANSFERABLE: This card is not transferable and if pre-sented by any person other than whom it is issued, MARTA will confiscate the card. If a card has been confiscated due to usage by any unauthorized property. MARTA has the right not to issue a replacement card.
2. PROPERTY OF MARTA: This Reduced Fare/Paratransit Breeze Card is the property of MARTA, and must be presented upon use when boarding a MARTA bus or entering a MARTA rail station. Also please be advised that this card must be surrendered upon request by a MARTA official.
3. APPLICABILITY OF REDUCED FARE: The elderly/disabled Medicare reduced fare is applicable to all fixed route services, except E-bus and Paratransit services.
4. APPLICABILITY OF PARATRANSIT: The Paratransit Breeze card is for use on all MARTA Mobility vehicles and allows access to MARTA fixed route services according to current MARTA fare policy.
5. LOST OR STOLEN CARDS: Reduced Fare and Paratransit Breeze cards are issued free. However, a replacement fee will be charged for each lost or stolen card. MARTA reserves the right to limit the number of replacements.
6. DEFACED/DAMAGED CARDS: Photos that are faded, numbers missing or scratched off will be considered invalid and subject to confiscation. Cards MUST be turned in immediately for a re-placement at no cost. It is your responsibility to maintain the Breeze Card in good, useable condition.